Able to see neighbours typing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnewb

Ive got a problem where i can see what my neighbour is typing and it is interfering with my computer. If he types a letter, that letter is displayed on my pc if ive got a document open, or it just makes that annoying ping sound.
I am not in a network or on the internet when this happens, just doing general things.

Does anybody know of this problem and how i can resolve it?

Thanks

Im on my desktop pc, no wireless connection to the internet. Although i do have a wireless mouse. Could this be it?

or if you are using a laptop and your close then possable infared communication real close

Well all i know is its annoying, having somebody elses commands control my pc.

Im using a wireless mouse and hes got a wireless keyboard and mouse, that must be it

I dont know dude
I mean it's possable but....
I kinda have a temper
so i have like 13 wireless keyboards and mice(package)
which i never use the mice (my mx1000 withstand many a tests)

I have tried over and over to get one to work with other to no avail

But dont dispair you might have the problem solved
ok see if this makes any sense( no solution on two other forms)

finally broke laser mouse( i think, it's in the wall somewhere)
I pulled out my logitech corless mouse that matched the keyboard I was using
(both cordless)
the reciever had the normal usb and ps2
I realized about a week later, I never plugged in the mouse connection!!!
so both the kb and mouse were runing through usb kb connection

still cant figure it out
I belive the wires inside were shorting across each other

i hope this helps out
hay um how far are you from your problem
and have you tried moving your system (just to see if it stops)
or better yet put up some kind of tinfoil or some type of reflective material

of course these are just to diagnose if it is or is'nt

l8r
let me know either way

I had the exact same problem, my brother and I both have Logitech wireless keyboards and mice, when he started typing or moving the mouse it would affect my computer, so I rang the Logitech helpline. They said that both sets were operating on the same frequency so they told me to open up the receiver, keyboard and mouse there was a tiny screw in both the keyboard and mouse covered by a Logitech sticker and there was two in the receiver by turning these you alter the frequency but you have to ensure that both the keyboard and mouse aren’t operating on the same frequency. After changing the frequencies I suffered no more interferences. Don’t know if this affects your warranty

Ok thanks for the help. Im using a logitech mouse and he has a logitech mouse and keybord, i guess my receiver is picking up his signal, Il have a look inside the mouse and see what i can do.

Thanks guys.

You have to change the frequency in the receiver also to match the mouse or it wont work. In my one there were numbers and you aligned the line on the top of the screw with one of the numbers but say you select number 2 for the receiver you have to ensure you to select number 2 in the mouse also.

yeh just reconfigure the frequency of the mouse/keyboard... just press the reset buttons on both the receiver and peripheral

kool dude it seems like both are problems have been solved
I guess my mouse and kb were on the same frequency but all that ment was I didn't have to plug in my mouse and the both worked perfectly
even in games when you used them at the same time(din't think that was possable )
one more mystery solved

good luck( i'm gunna go walk around my neighbor hood with a cordless logitech connected to my laptop) a new kind of war diving?
just kidding ( actually never leave my house, except to get my monitor from the front yard) :blackeye:

later

steyr223 said:
good luck( i'm gunna go walk around my neighbor hood with a cordless logitech connected to my laptop) a new kind of war diving?
just kidding ( actually never leave my house, except to get my monitor from the front yard) :blackeye:

later

That sounds like an interesting drinking story....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back