About MY bsod Errors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Dump - Stop Error 0x8E nv4_disp.dll which is part of the Nvidia Forceware drivers. I've noticed a number of people here posting lately having an issue with this particular driver.

Second Dump - Stop Error C2 ntkrnlpa.exe; this usually points to either faulty RAM or PSU but it also can be due to software and driver issues.

Possible Resolutions:

A Stop 0xC2 messages might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.

A Stop 0xC2 messages might also be due to failing or defective hardware. If a Stop message points to a category of devices (such as disk controllers, for example), try removing or replacing the hardware to determine if it is causing the problem.

If you encounter a Stop 0xC2 message while upgrading to Windows XP, the problem might be due to an incompatible driver, system service, virus scanner, or backup. To avoid problems while upgrading, simplify your hardware configuration and remove all third-party device drivers and system services (including virus scanners) prior to running setup. After you have successfully installed Windows XP, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain compatible updates.

* I suggest that you first run MemTest to test your RAM. Second I would try a different driver for your video card and see if that clears up your issue.

NV4_disp.dll is from an Nvidia video driver as Route44 says... so what else is new. NTKRNLPA.exe is a Windows system file that has been corrupted by the Nvidia driver problem.

These poor BSOD sufferers always state that their Nvidia drivers are up to date. They don't realize that an older Nvidia driver may be what they need. I stay as far away from Nvidia as I can. Sometimes it is not nearly far enough

Tmagic650 said:
NV4_disp.dll is from an Nvidia... so what else is new.

Absolutely. I am amazed at the number of people who have issue after issue with this particular .dll People are constantly getting on ATI drivers -- and in some cases truly deserved -- but Nvidia's Forceware drivers as of late have caused real headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back