About Windows OS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

etchhh

just have a question considering windows vista ,,, did anyone discovered/heared about any security holes in vista ??

There are security problems with Vista, like there is with every other OS on the market. Research shows that Windows Vista is more security and on average is patched quicker, though this is still subject to arguments, because Vista's market share is so large compared to Linux and OS X the security holes are more likely to be exploited because hackers don't tend to waste their time with an OS that has a relatively low market share, though OS X is making ground as is Linux. So the argument can really go both ways. I would provide some evidence but its late, if you want some though, reply.
Cheers
Hynesy

ok ..

i just wanted to know if there is some files i should delete like old days with win 98/xp ? i just dont want some message "xxx firewall blocked a threat to ur PC" .. omg i feel like a target !

so , please , if there r any files i should delete or any security feature i should activate or buy please reply to me ...thanks

Simply, you should look at a good firewall and anti-virus engine, Vista comes with a build in anti-malware scanner called Windows Defender and a slightly improved built in firewall and User Account Control (You can Google these things for info). Its still best to get a third party firewall though. If you need more info, post your question in the Security and the Web area in this forum located here (https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html) you will get alot more related hits and info from people more knowledgeable then I am.
cheers
Hynesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back