Absolute worst game you have ever played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney_Calhoun

Now we all have games that we play for days on end happily and make shrines to the devolopers (We all do.. right?)But what about the awful piles of silicon you wish never put their dirtied bytes of your hard drive? Be it technical problems of just good ol' crappy gameplay lets share our worst moments in gaming.

Not in any order.

The first thing that comes to mind is Force Commander

I remember the day i brought that thing home and tried to install it on the old 233 Mhz clunker. Finding the 800 megs to install it was a horrific experiance. Watching as my Jedi Knight (Classic Game BTW) saves had to get deleted was horrible, But with promises of epic battles and crushing the Rebels under my Imperial feet was seemingly worth it. So i installed.. and 2 hours and 800 megs less later i was able to "Play" this massive monstrosity.

As soon as i started playing i wondered if i needed glasses, the nigh unreadable font and blurry boxed visuals were making my eyes begin to contemplate suicide. But i powered on and started deploying my armys of death, except they weren't deadly at all. What passed for a "Battle" in this game was just 3 or 4 of you units shooting horribly visualized lasers and "Explosions" at eachother. The AI sucked too and noone played online (Probably a good thing). It got unstalled for monkey island the next day.

And the campaign story was horribly thought out and suffered from unreadable and missing objectives and commands ranging from "Put this guy in this building" to "Kill a person who is somewhere".

Second to mind is related to the first, and proves my nerdiness.

The Phantom Menace
I begged my grampa to buy this game from a flea market (passed up NFS4.. Crap) and gleefully brought it home with images of running Jar Jar of a cliff dancing through my mind. Images that would never come to fruitation.

Problems began in the install, It frove... Again and again and again. so i left it for 3 hours. Oddly enough it installed! What an odd illogical , and unexpected outcome.

I was happy so i began playing. Only to find Obi Wan spinning in circles because i happened to have a joystick hooked in. Once i unplugged it i began my trek through the bowels of a Trade Federation battleship, awed by the amazing textures and reflections, by the end of the first level i had died 32 times and lost 3 hours of my life.

Onward to the second level! In which you have to follow and protect that *****ic alien Jar Jar. Again it was EXTREMELY HARD! i died 24 times on one 5 minute long part where you had to dodge falling trees and giant explosive lasers while slicing droids apart with the (OMG DYNAMIC LIGHTING) lightsaber. Once that was done it was onto an oddly easy level in the gungan city followed by theed. The hardest level ever.

What did you do first? From a nausiatingly swinging camera you had to jump from block to block while being shot at. I think they fired whoever was in charge of medkit placement half way through because they were NOWHERE! at the end of the level you had to kill 200 or so droids without ever getting hit once. It was one hell of a day when i beat that level. I cheating for the rest of the game.

Oh and this took me an hour to write at three in the morning. So spelling be damned.

Well thats all i got for now. Check back later and post your own.

not sure about 'worst' games, but biggest disappointment for me was the last Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I absolutely loved all 3 previous games. But this, was an absolute pile of moopoo. So much that i didn't bother finishing the first level, and sold the game. I felt violated, and not in a good way!
How could, imho the best games ever to come to the pc, then produce the biggest abortion ever, when it was supposed to be the best.
I'm sure at one point i cried! :rolleyes:
Can't think of any other games that made me feel this way.

yeah me and a close friend of mine tried playing it, spy games were not meant for duos, doesnt work out at all. "Go this way" "no I want to go this way, its safer" "shots fired" "shoot, come wake me up" I can't, kinda hanging from the ceiling right now" "fine then, I see what kind of friend you are!"

bad games from small publishers/developers are forgivable,but what would u say when it comes from publishers like EA? think about infamous 'cat woman' from EA. games like vampire the bloodline masquerade,the thing,chrome,pirates of the carribean part 1,operation flashpoint,freedom fighter,terminator 3,pc version of devil may cry 3,all are equally deplorable.

I thought Chrome was a fantastic game matey. Had me gripped for ages.
Never finished it though as i kept getting lost in this mazec type thingy.

My hands down biggest dissappointment ever was Deus Ex 2 Invisible War
I absolutley loved (still do) Deus Ex 1, I still play it occasionally

Deus Ex 2 was just the total oppositive of Deus Ex 1, it sucked horribly!
This quote fits kinda well: "If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?"

Vietcong = very bad game to play, the wide view and poorly plan surrounding made me motion sick. Game start off with you finding the CO which surrounded by Vietnamese speaking NPC which annoy the hell out of me, then came the horrific poorly design surrounding and bunkers structures that make me wanna go "AVG nerd" on it. >=[
un-install that pos game after 30 mins of gameplay.

Alright people i need some opinions now.

Out of 5 how good were those reviews? My IP gives me some free webspace and i was thinking i could make a small review site just for the hell of it. Ofcourse i have to know i don't suck at it first.

k.jacko said:
not sure about 'worst' games, but biggest disappointment for me was the last Splinter Cell: Double Agent. I absolutely loved all 3 previous games. But this, was an absolute pile of moopoo. So much that i didn't bother finishing the first level, and sold the game. I felt violated, and not in a good way!
How could, imho the best games ever to come to the pc, then produce the biggest abortion ever, when it was supposed to be the best.
I'm sure at one point i cried! :rolleyes:
Can't think of any other games that made me feel this way.

That game on the PS2 was epic, in a VERY good way!

Now what crapy game is next....
Masters of orion 3.
One word- Dull.

25 to Life

The Worst Shooter in the world

not only till it take 2 hours of my life beat the entire game,you shoot at waves and waves of cops and Gang members..for no seeming reason...

i got it for free and i felt riped off

After the overly long wait, wasn't overly enamoured with STALKER either. Thought it was disappointing.

yah jacko,i should have named STALKER,a very very bad game.just before passing away from kidney failure my best friend had played it for some time and he had told me that that horribly bad game was making him feel sicker...

That's... disturbing...

Ratchet And Clank- Deadlocked.
Lock it away and never play it. It was crap, i had none of the coolness of the other games. The level design sucked the plot was complete crap and the weapons were complete rehashes.

STALKER is the biggest piece of crap I ever seen, about 80% of the whole game is ripped from Half-life 2 / Doom 3 stuff ( people checked and it seems that the people who made it took some stuff from both games ) and the game was basically just graphics and crappy gameplay like most games released these days :|

These are the worst games I actually had the misfortune of playing...
Xbox 360-Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
Xbox-Spiderman 2
PS2-Alter Echo
Wii-Farcry Vengeance
Gamecube-Geist
Those are the worst I can remember right now

This is definitely not the worst game I've played but I don't recall the worst game I've ever played so here it is: Project Snowblind.

TimeParadoX said:
I got another bad game!

All of the games EA ever produced...

You imply by that statement that Half life 1&2 suck, The Sims series as well as the Command and Conquer series...

ani123 said:
yah jacko,i should have named STALKER,a very very bad game.just before passing away from kidney failure my best friend had played it for some time and he had told me that that horribly bad game was making him feel sicker...
lol

tell me you aren't joking =]
\=<

mattfrompa said:
You imply by that statement that The battlefield games, need for speed games, ALL of the sims games. suck, The Sims series as well as the Command and Conquer series...

Fixed, EA has nothing to do with Half Life, Thats Valve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back