Absolutely nothing in the device manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got that MSN photo virus and managed to get the internet back, but theres still a problem and that there is nothing in the device manager, and naturally, no sound...is there anyway to fix this?

Not sure which way to answer that.

Is the virus gone?
What do you mean by "nothing" in Device Manager ? (Do you mean just sound and other miscellaneous drivers missing?)

What are your System Specs? What type of computer Manufacturer and model is this?

You can update all your drivers for your motherboard online at your computer's support manufactures page.

I am on a Compaq Presario 56500NX. and no i belive the virus still exists somewhere...and I mean nothing is in the device manager as in absolutly nothing is in there. Nada. Zip.

Now that would look strange
Can you please post a pic (use Print Screen key on your keyboard "PrtSc" -> Paste to MS Paint --> then attach
attach.gif
here.

But you really should be folowing: Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions fully.

Before anyone can have a look at how to fix the Windows issue
I suppose that's what you wanted in the first place!

Anyway please reply back with Pic attached
Then go ahead with the removal instructions

I think the only time I've heard of the Device Manager being empty/disappear was the time my friend tried using a registry cleaner which claimed to work for XP x64. Just after using it, his Device Manager was empty.

Whatever the case is with you (not that I'm suggesting the story above is in anyway related to your situation), I would personally just reinstall Windows. You'll spend more time hunting for phantoms and trying to learn how to reverse damage than you would just backing up and reinstalling.

Maybe I'm just lazy... :rolleyes:.

I'll second that.

Backup
Re-install Windows (probably an image CD from HP I suppose)
Get a good AntiVirus and update it fully
Return the backup

That's what I'd actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back