AC Adapter Problem

By DoesntBodeWell
Nov 15, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have an Alienware Sentia notebook, and a while ago the power cord got sensitive, and would suddenly cease to be recognized, then come back. One day, it just stopped, and the battery died before I could turn off the computer, now I have no way of starting it. It doesn't detect the AC adapter, with or without the battery. Is there anything I can do, short of replacing the power jack?
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

You could charge the battery in another (similar) computer and move it to yours..

Yes, it would be a good idea to have a look at the power system and fix/replace anything that is broken :)
  3. DoesntBodeWell

DoesntBodeWell Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

k

thanks... I'll probably get around to it eventually, It's an odd-shaped battery, and I don't have any other way to charge it, or I would.
  4. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas Newcomer, in training Posts: 718

Is it possible that your AC cord has stopped conducting? (Not working anymore). That may account for it no longer being noticed. If you know anyone with a multitester: they could easily find out if the cord has a short (or open).
  5. DoesntBodeWell

DoesntBodeWell Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanx

Thanks, that's a good idea.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.