AC or Zalman on 6600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truflip

I need something very quiet and effective in lowering my temps for my eVGA 6600GT. So far Im looking at the Arctic Cooling 6 Rev. 2 and Zalman VF700 Series. (theyre the only two i kno of n seem to be the best ones)

I cant quite decide which one to get. anyone have experiences with these coolers and help me out? thanks :D

If you're thinkig about the Zalman cooler, take a look at their compatibility list first. It could turn out that it won't fit your card because of the placement of certain elements of the card (ram heat spreaders, HSI heatsink, capacitors, etc.).

If you have an AGP 6600 you wont be able to use the RAM heatsinks and the PCI/AGP bridge heatsink can lift the cooler off the core. I couldnt find an AC cooler for the AGP version.

hi I have the PCI-e version. I checked compatibility already and both these coolers will worko n my card. just a matter of choosing which one

I use both on a 6600GT and 6800GT. Their coolong and noise level are about the same .The only difference is the AC is alot bigger but costs less than the Zalman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back