AC'97 Driver not found, some progress made

Status
Not open for further replies.

athlete18

I just updated my BIOS version and now I could actually make it through the installation of the download of the driver. but now no sound comes out, what is the deal with this thing! it's an on board sound card dell precision workstation 360 with xp pro. does anyone know which driver I should use for this thing?

You dont have to guess, just go to the dell4me website and the support\download section, enter the service tag number ( or model) and you can access all the proper drivers for that machine.

I did that but the only progress that was made was now the device is recognized and installed but no sound will come out. so I am sort of stuck where do I go from here?

all the controls say that there should be sound coming out, and it's an onboard card and speaker system, it's saying it's there, so the connections are okay. I'm really stumped, what is there to do?

what's the difference? what defines a front panel audio jack, if it's plugged into the front of the computer, then no, it's an onboard speaker system as well.

yea i have AC' 97 audio stuff too. I have the drivers downloaded.. i think. but it says i still need an audio controller. what is that and wear can i get it?

Athelete18,

Did you check the speakers in the sound in control panel to make sure they are still set to your speaker type and configuration?

Lefty!,

look up the spec's for your motherboard if it is onboard sound, then go to the mobo makers site and download their sound drivers and program.

I did! it didnt work! most of the links on the page were faulty too! i have an earlier post with the same problom but last time it worked! so i dont know whats goin on. ( my earlier prob was on pg 8)

yeah, everything is set to hear it, it just doesn't come out, I'm baffled, I reinstalled the driver and got the same result. the only reason my computer even recognizes the driver with the device is because I updated my BIOS should I update something else. I'm all updated at the windows site, I already tried that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back