AC97 Multimedia Audio Controller

By DellLatitudeUsr
Apr 16, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello. I'm a newbie. Anyone ever build up on a laptop and get that happy feeling until something annoying goes wrong and don't know how to fix it? I need help. I installed XP Pro sp2 on a Dell Latitude D510 and everything was fine besides the sound- no sound. The XP cd doesn't help either. For anyone who wants to help, my info is:

Intel 82801FBM ICH6-M AC'97 (B1)

Basically, I just need a link so I can find/update this driver- I can't find it anywhere. Thanks!!
  2. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

3. DellLatitudeUsr

DellLatitudeUsr Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 26

I'm at the site, but I don't see the required AC97..... where do I look? Sorry.
  4. CCT

6 down Sigmatel AC97
  5. DellLatitudeUsr

I'm downloading it now..... on DAIL-UP!! AARRRGHHH!!! RMMFF!!...... I'll let you know if it works. Thanks for you help!!
  6. CCT

If all you have is dial-up, then, copy the darn thing to a cd as soon as you get it - also any other downloads you have made/gotten whatever. Make sure you name the folder for each CLEARLY and then put it in a cd case with a Label that says - DO NOT THROW OUT!!!!

:)
  7. DellLatitudeUsr

Hee- funny. True. Dail-up suck major ballz. Luckily I have flashget, so that helps a little. It's on 96% now. I'll be sure to put this CD in a 3-inch case ;)
  8. DellLatitudeUsr

Hey- one more question- I also need a Video Controller driver. (Same model.) Same website? Which link?
  9. CCT

If you are using onboard? Bottom of the page it would seem.
  10. DellLatitudeUsr

Thankx 4 the help. Greatly appreciated. The sound file worked! YES! I've sound now! And to think I spent all da seaching for Intel 9234jbfdng9rjg.....ac97.... and all I needed to go to was that site- what a waste....

peace
  11. Ressurrector

Ressurrector Newcomer, in training Posts: 45

AC97sound card < random pile of junk
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.