Access Denied

learninmypc

image.jpeg
Trying to access the event viewer, I get this warning, to the best of my knowledge I haven't changed any settings & I believe my pic is clean. The link shown above the close button does nothing. I am the Admin & only user of this computer. I have been & will continue googling for a fix, thanks in advance

Judging by this
"Group Policy is a hierarchical infrastructure that allows a network administrator in charge of Microsoft's Active Directory to implement specific configurations for users and computers. Group Policy can also be used to define user, security and networking policies at the machine level." no. Found that here Google Search

GP is also a means to set policies on workstations (in a domain configuration) OR for the local machine to control multiple logins.

Suggest you not go there.

Ok, I won't but how do I access the event viewer? That is what I was "Trying" to do when that happened.

Login as Administrator, CP->Admin Tools->Computer Mgmt->Event Viewer

I saw the same message trying to install drivers to a freshly installed OS. Thankfully though it was drivers that I had already installed that was throwing the message. The only reason I was trying a reinstall was one final driver that was hard to find.

I assume you actually LOGGED IN AS ADMIN, not attempting RUNAS ...
If so, then this is SERIOUS.

Can you consider using a System Restore Point???

I seriously don't think I have a system restore point far enough back. I clicked start>windows system>Command prompt & right clicked it & clicked on run as administrator. Hopefully that is/was correct.

NO! When you boot, there should be two ICONS, one for your day-2-day use and the other the Admin account.
Running with admin rights is not the same as running logged in as admin - - the windows user IDs are different.

I'm sure we've discussed this before - - -

Will reboot to check.it out. Sorry for delayed replies, not getting ANY email notifications like I used to.

Back