TechSpot

Access Denied

By momok
Mar 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi..

I am using a Fujitsu Laptop, and I have 2 drives C: and D:.
    Recently I was hit with some malware and removed certain registry keys which I am unsure of how to restore. Now when I double click 'D:\' from my window a popup dialog shows 'D:\ Access is Denied'
    However if I type in 'd:' in the window address bar, I can enter.
    Could somebody please give me quick advice on this issue? thanks.
  2. Char_X

Char_X Newcomer, in training Posts: 209

3. momok

momok Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 2,272

Hi..

I followed the steps to fixing this problem, however upon the first step
    "a. Open the Svcpack.log file. By default, this file is located in the C:\Windows folder. To open the Svcpack.log file, click Start, click Run, type %windir%\svcpack.log, and then click OK."
    I got an error message saying "windows cannot find 'C:\windows\svcpack.log'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. to search for a file, click the 'start' button, and then click search." =(

by the way, I noticed that the link u pasted was for "You receive an "Access is denied" error message when you try to install Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1" Is that the correct link?

Thank you for responding.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.