Access Violation Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
A dialogue box for GUIDE PLUS+(Version 1, 0, 0, 29
tm) shows the following message:
"Access vioaltion at address 01A10CD. Read of address 01A310CD."

Unitl this past Saturday it was working fine. When I tried to update the listings, I received the above dialogue box. I went back to an earlier restore point, with no success. Any help would be appreciated.

System info below:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Intel Processor
2666 megahertz Intel Pentium 4
8 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. RL86510A.86A.0089.P21.0502132202 02/13/2005
Drives Memory Modules c,d
123.52 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
41.24 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space
ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500 [Display adapter]
ATI WDM Rage Theater Audio
ATI WDM Rage Theater Video
ATI WDM Specialized MVD Codec
ATI WDM Specialized PCD Codec
ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar
ATI WDM TV Tuner
Creative Game Port
Creative SB Audigy
Unimodem Half-Duplex Audio Device

Thank you, Travel mgr

That can be hard to say. I would first say programming problem. To reinstall the program. But before you do that, maybe you could clear your swap file and then delete all your temps.

To turn off swap:
Right-click My Computer - Properties. Advanced Tab. Performace settings. Advanced. Vitual memory "change" button. Set to "No paging file", click Set, then OK. Restart the computer.

Easy way to delete temps, download Crap Cleaner from www.ccleaner.com.

If that doesn't do it, run memtest86 on your memory for a couple hours to see if any errors developed.

Otherwise, you'll have to at least try to reinstall the program.

When finished, set your swap file back ON and use "Custom size". Set both the min and max to 1024 and click Set. You didn't post how much RAM you have, but a gig swap is not to shabby. Otherwise I've heard it said to set the swap to whatever it takes to give you 2gb of total space. RAM + Swap = 2048.
good luck. Oh, and I might mention, it would be a very good time to do a defrag when you've got the swap file off.

Good luck

My RAM is 512. I will try your tips in and advise on results. Places like this are great for folks like my self, who are learning their way 'round a keyboard. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back