Acer 5101 keyboard usb and touchpad are dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friends acer laptop has a freeze recently in a Pes6 game we turned it off and when we turned it on we watch everything as a normal windows xp startup when we came to the welcome screen we realized that touchpad and keyboard are not working. We think Fn+F? but the real problem is keyboard is not working at all. We can't access to bios with F2 at the very first startup. We tried to plug in a usb mouse but no electricity activity can be seen in it too. USB's not working either.But there are no errors and windows seems to start without any problem. Have a suggestion?

Hook-up and PS/2 keyboard and mouse to your laptop if you have that hookup or use USB Keyboard and mouse. You need to get into the BIOS and see if the keyboard and mouse is enabled.

Also by doing it this way you can also see under XP what happen. Try removing the battery from the laptop and try it again...

tipstir said:
Hook-up and PS/2 keyboard and mouse to your laptop if you have that hookup or use USB Keyboard and mouse. You need to get into the BIOS and see if the keyboard and mouse is enabled.

Also by doing it this way you can also see under XP what happen. Try removing the battery from the laptop and try it again...

There is no PS/2 keyboard support on this acer 5101 laptop. And we tried all posibilities like with a.c without battery, without a.c with battery... We are gonna find a usb keyboard but the fact that usb mouse did not work before makes me hopeless. My friend said this issue happenned before and when they wait a while like 15 minutes laptop turned on safely and completely working. We waited a day but it still have no keyboard usb and touchpad activity. The problem lies within hardware. IMHO something controlling this devices and also usb was burned.

Well if you still have protection on this laptop then let ACER know and let them replace the MOBO, Keyboard and touchpad mouse and that should solve your problem. Your system uses USB so you would need to buy one Logitech MX710 Laser Mouse/Keyboard that uses a signal USB connector.

Thank you for your answer. They wanna fix it in this week. (My friend suprised for their haste.) Acer will fix it i assume. The thing i want to know is why a 3 months old laptop broken like that easily. What happened exactly. How can we avoid so that never happens again. I will inform you about further details.(They mention something about south bridge)

Hi Vtribes.

I have the SAME problem, with an Acer 3102, 5 months old. In december, i got this problem and sent to Acer Brazilian Support, and they said, after a long time working on it, that they simply don't know how to fix this problem (and they didn't change the notebook, because i brought it in Paraguay). When I took it back, i plugged it and the notebook has worked normally!

Yesterday, the problem happened again. I don't know what to do. Do u have more clues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back