Acer Aspire 5100 Sound Problem

By Karebear
Aug 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I am having an issue with the sound on my laptop. It will play videos and music, but at some point the sound just....freezes. It is like when a CD has a scratch and it plays the same two words over and over again. Most of the time the screen is not frozen and I can click to exit out or shut the computer down. The sound, however, does not stop when I shut it down or unplug it. It only stops when I remove the battery. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
  2. hopgop1

hopgop1 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 114   +13

I have an Acer Aspire 5332 and this used to happen to me but when it used to happen I would open up task manager, go to processes and find explorer.exe, then I would click it click end process then go to the applications tab and click new task, then just type in explorer.exe this fixed it for me and it happened for a while but went away on it's own. Hope this helps you.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.