Acer Aspire E1-531 Driver Issues

DemonVenom

I recently reformatted an acer aspire E1-531 with windows 7 32 bit, Now It is missing the Network controller, Ethernet Controller & PCI Simple Communications Controller (it also shows the memory card slot may not be working)
I have gone to acer's site and found their drivers Download page but I'm lost as to what drivers I need & in what order... I tried installing a few but with no change in the lack of internet!
Even if I can get either the Lan or Wireless working I'm sure this would be a little easier.
Thanks in advance for any help!

I never think of SP's for win 7, I'll give that a try!
Thank you!
But just so I'm clear... are you saying "I need to Download all the drivers for this Model"? not just one?
or were you saying "IF" I need to download all drivers?
also the links you provided both appear to be just the Touchpad driver?

If you search for drivers on the Acer site using the serial number or SNID of your laptop, it should only show the drivers that apply to your particular hardware configuration. That way you won't install drivers for the wrong hardware - LAN, touchpad, wifi, etc can be sourced from many different vendors, that's why there are so many different ones.

If you search for drivers on the Acer site using the serial number or SNID of your laptop... .

Yeah I did that and tried various drivers it "suggested" but none of them seemed to fix the issue... But I got the win 7 SP1 & went to an alternate site and downloaded the "Wireless LAN_Atheros_9.2.0.480x86" driver and tried...
it got the wireless to work so I'm happy now! thanks for the suggestions guys it's appreciated!

The chipset driver and the network controller driver are really all the drivers you need. If you game, you need GFX drivers.

Back