Acer Aspire E5-551G screen going black

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my approx. 5 month old Acer Aspire E5-551G. Sometimes when I turn it on, it will show the Acer logo then the screen will go black (not black as in off but black as in the screen displaying a black picture/still emitting light) and not continue turning on, however I can still hear the hard drive running. Other times when I turn it on, it will turn on completely and works properly for a bit then the screen will go black the same way as before and the computer will become unresponsive. When I have been playing music or watching videos when this has happened and the sound has stopped. It doesn't happen when I go into safe mode as far as I can tell (I have left it like this for half an hour). I have tried resetting the computer to a previous version and it still happens so I think it might be a hardware problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Sounds like the video cable from the LCD panel to the motherboard is damaged. This cable often passes next to one of the top hinges, and over time it breaks from opening and closing the laptop

Back