TechSpot

Acer Aspire One Intel Atom 1.6GHz 8.9" Laptop for $265 + free shipping

By Julio Franco
Jan 15, 2009
  1. Buy.com offers the Acer Aspire One AOA150-1382 Intel Atom 1.6GHz 8.9" Widescreen Notebook, model no. LU.S050A.280, for $265. With free shipping, that's the lowest total price we could find by $170. Features include an Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz processor, 8.9" 1024x600 widescreen LCD, 1GB RAM, 160GB hard drive, webcam, 802.11g wireless, flash card reader, and Linpus Linux Lite OS (not Windows).

http://dealnews.com/lw/artclick.html?2,274108,901309,ref=TECHSPOT_01

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,814   +921

Buy.com's web page is showing $299.99 ((4:00 PM EST 16 Jan)
    (Still a great buy though)

The price of these little laptops is getting low enough It seems reasonable to spring for one of these instead of a digital photo frame! Same portability, but higher screen resolution, and obviously much more functionality.

Photoshop Elements 3 through 5 would run easily with the 1GB of installed RAM.

3. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,814   +921

Credit Woes........

Oh, you need their credit card (!) or (?) To Quote Billy S., "Aye, there's the rub".

kimsland, the link is going right to the buy.com catalog page. Well, for me anyway. So I guess, who are you quoting is a fair question.

5. Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Obi-Wan Jerkobi TS Maniac Posts: 592

The Acer One is quite a deal compared to it's more expensive cousins the Wind and Eee. :)

6. mixedrops

mixedrops TS Rookie

Really? Any comments about Acer One. I am comparing these models currently.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.