Acer BSoD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saty1296

I am having random BSOD problem in my Acer 7720 Travel Mate. I have previously posted this problem and the solution that I got did not work at all. I have also tried all the solutions available on all the websites, including ati2dvag driver updates as well. I need further help on this please.

I am attaching the minidump file in ZIP format for your reference.

Thanks mate.

Inside the 1 MiniDump:
BugCheck 100000EA, {894749a0, 899283d0, f78eacbc, 1}
Probably caused by : ati2dvag.dll

Sometimes it's a matter of loading older version drivers ati2dvag driver updates

Sorry mate, can you please tell me what do you mean by this?

The driver that I am presently using for ATI Graphics is the original driver that came with this laptop. Do you mean I need to update the driver or use the existing one? Please clarify.

Cheers mate.

Actually the driver that came with it (on CD is the best)

But you can try updating it too
On the updated drivers page, there's usually also a section that says older drivers, that you could try.

It could also be a faulty hardware card

I highly appreciate your help Kimsland. You are a Champion.

My graphics card on Acer 7720 Travelmate notebook is: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 (Acer)

Presently, I am using the driver that originally came with it and I did not change it at all.
OS: windows XP PRO 2002 Service Pack 3, the results were same on Service pack 2 that came with the laptop originally. However, it worked good for few months in the beginning when I bought it in October 2007. It started giving me ati2dvag.dll problem I think on 04 April 2008.

There is no update for my "PCI Express 1.0 x16: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 (Acer)" on the ATI/AMD website as they say that I need to go to the notebook manufacturer's website in order to get the latest ATI driver. I have already tried all the drivers and updates that are available on the Acer's website and they give me the same results.

Even the best solution that worked for some folks does not work for me at all.
"http://www.sightsea.com/pghpchd/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19&PN=1"

My notebook was with the technicians for about one month and they say they could not recreate the problem of BSOD. When I got it back yesterday, It worked fine for about 20 Hours and 33 minutes. Since then it gave me two Blue Screens of Death. To recreate the problem they ran 90 minutes stress test on the laptop using the Passmark's Burnin Test two times. They did not get any blue screens and declared that machine is absolutely having no problems at all, I did not have to spend any money because it is still under warranty.

What do you say, is it ATI driver's fault or the hardware fault?

I did not have to spend any money because it is still under warranty
You need to let them know of the issue. It's likely they didn't run it for 21Hrs

To fully confirm it's not some software causing the issue, you must re-install Windows clean (format and all)

Do not install any other program like Antivirus or games.
Just the drivers for everything
Then test again

If it fails, doing this, it's a warranty issue
By the way, they might do all this for you, with your go ahead

Thank you so much for your efforts and advice on the problem, mate. I highly appreciate that.

I will try to install the clean operating system and drivers by formatting the c: drive partition to verify if it is problem with the hardware or software as you have advised because this time I want to go for the warranty claim with the problem persisting on the notebook otherwise they will run Passmark Burnin tests on the laptop and return it to me which I really hate.

Any success?

How did the formatting go? I have the same error on a 5720, it is random but appears to mostly occur when the machine is not in use. Normally I find the BSOD and Ati2dvag error when I come back to it after a time without using it. I have formatted completely are reloaded and this has not changed anything. I have tried the drivers on the Acer website to no success. This machine is 10 days old so I would expect the current disks to be upto date. I will disable the sleep and hibernate functions and leave running to see if it is these functions which are causing the loop to occur.

If I am not mistaking this is a common problem error with Vista and the sleep/hibernation functions and that ATI driver.

Let us know if the disabling helped.

Reply to 1hotmama: Any success

1hotmama, I was having Windows XP PRo SP2/SP3 on my laptop when the problem was persistent. Then what I did, I removed it completely from the laptop and I took off the original hard drive from the laptop as well because it contains the original recovery partition which I did not want to lose, so I kept it safe aside. I have formatted a new hard drive and reloaded Windows Vista 32BIT OS, downloaded Vista 32BIT drivers from the Acer website. Since I did that, this operating system never gave me any errors. No Blue Screen of Death because of ati2dvag.dll anymore, and on Windows XP the BSoD was very frequent, so I believe that BSoD on my lappy was due to that Windows XP and the ati2dvag driver. That is my part of solution, you please take your laptop back to where you bought it from with the problem persisting on it and tell them to get it repaired or replaced under the warranty because it it still very new. When I had Windows XP on my Laptop, I was so fed up of the BSoD, so please try to make a warranty claim before it gets too late. If you find any permanent solution, please let us know. Like you did, I tried all the ati2dvag drivers from everywhere with no luck. Good luck. Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back