Acer monitor problems

I have a Acer 1920 X 1080p @ 60 hz monitor that for about a month or so has on and off had horizontal green or pink lines that begin from the right hand side to just before the middle of the screen, I have changed to a different monitor that I previously used and the lines didn't appear on that monitor, I have also fixed it about 3 - 4 times but they only last about a week. Also my computer is only about 5 months old, I also don't know the age of my monitor since I was given it and didn't purchase it myself. Is there any way to fix this problem or should I just replace it?

If you can easily 'fix it for a week or two', I would keep fixing it - and keep my eyes open for a sale.
I would keep fixing it but everything I used to do to fix it doesn't seem to work anymore, It's probably on its way out but I'll definitely keep an eye out for a monitor to replace it with

eBay has some nice LED monitors coming off lease - 3 year old 'best at the time' monitor might be available for $50-$75.

Save money, reduce e-waste, save the planet.

By the way I just used a hdmi cable to plug my monitor into instead of VGA and the lines were still there would using a DVI cable instead be worth it

"horizontal green or pink lines" - could be cable, so trying different ones might work - could be a bad solder joint at one of the cable connectors - also inside there may be ribbon cable which might need slight pencil eraser and reconnect (but be careful in there as some capacitors can give a bad shock - also ribbon cable connectors are delicate and need to be understood before you try to take them apart) - if you are an adept tinkerer, you might be able to fix - check some videos on YouTube to see if it works for you.

Back