Acer or BenQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Face of LA

iM Buyin a new LCD Screen and i dunno if i shud get Acer or BenQ? they both lookin good and hooked up with Multimedia, so i kinda dunno what to choose?
which one is better Acer or BenQ??

i cant tell you which one is better, but if you would like to know which one i would choose the ACER i haven't heard anything about benQ. i have heard lots of good stuff about acer... you might try cheching consumer reviews...

u got specs on 'em?

BenQ has some really good monitors, and Acer has some good ones as well. Its hard to determine from the brand itself, so I'd suggest you name the LCDs you're looking at, and we'll tell you which one we think would be better.

But in the end, its your own preference that matters. You're the one going to be using the monitor, and only you will know exactly what your needs are.

^ i just saw a thread in this section of sumone complainin from the BenQ LCD Screen,lol i will get the acer, my friend got Acer, but i didnt wanna take the same, u know :p
but i think i will get the acer now,!

thanks joked u 2 N CMH

I have a 20.1" Benq monitor. Just got it, I'm pretty happy with it. The buttons on the side kind of suck, and the screen doesn't have all that good of a viewing angle range, but that doesn't matter if you sit in front of it.

It looks fantastic though.

^ really? yeh i gotta give it that, it looked charmin when i saw it in the store!

EDIT: How much did it cost u??

If you want a good, cheap "17 LCD, the Samsung Syncmaster 730B is a great choice. I highly recommend it. :)

Lol. There will always be people complaining about a product or another. If you're going to base your decision on a single complaint alone, you will find that you'll never end up buying anything, or miss out on a fantastic deal.

Shop around. Main thing is that you look at the exact same LCD you're going to buy, and see if you can spot the difference. Thats the most important thing. If you can't spot the difference between that and another, buy the cheaper one.

If you notice crap on it (ghosting/off color/bad design) then only you've got some decisions to make: can you live with it? Is it worth paying the extra for the better monitor?

Like I said, depends on what you're gonna be doing on it. If you're just surfing the net, I betcha you'd be happy with just about any monitor that displays the colours right :D

Face of LA said:
^ really? yeh i gotta give it that, it looked charmin when i saw it in the store!

EDIT: How much did it cost u??
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824014105

That is what I got and what I paid for it.

I guess its a bit more than you want to spend, but the casing itself looks very good, the display also looks very clean and crisp when viewed straight on. I've noticed no ghosting. It just has a fairly limited range of viewing angles.

The samsung I linked has a great image quality, fast response time (8ms), good contrast ratio (600:1) and has good viewing angles. And it has a DVI connection.

I really love it :)

CMH said:
Lol. There will always be people complaining about a product or another. If you're going to base your decision on a single complaint alone, you will find that you'll never end up buying anything, or miss out on a fantastic deal.

Shop around. Main thing is that you look at the exact same LCD you're going to buy, and see if you can spot the difference. Thats the most important thing. If you can't spot the difference between that and another, buy the cheaper one.

If you notice crap on it (ghosting/off color/bad design) then only you've got some decisions to make: can you live with it? Is it worth paying the extra for the better monitor?

Like I said, depends on what you're gonna be doing on it. If you're just surfing the net, I betcha you'd be happy with just about any monitor that displays the colours right :D

I Know what ur sayin, but if i wanted a thing for real i wud never change my mind cuz of sum ppl complainin about it, i Just Wanna know About everythin before gettin it, i was confused between the Acer N BenQ, But now im gettin the Samsung

i got a question, what is ghosting?? i don't think mine does it.
second i got an envision 17" lcd 450:1 $100 out of the box a year ago new. no probs ever if you can still find 1 looked on the web but couldn't. go it at a retail store.

Ghosting would be when pixels go from light to dark, but transition too slow. So for a breif bit what is dark contains a fading version of what was there before, rather than the dark that it should be.

Really unless you are ultra sensitive you won't see any ghosting on any modern LCD.

I have to agree with Wolfman. I have the Samsung SyncMaster 191T which is the black 19" and I have had it for about 5 yrs. now and I still love it. Great quality pix, wide view agnle quick response time. No shadowing at all. Never a mintues trouble.

Dood
TigerDirect has awesome deals on FPs right now...
Widescreen Hanns G for like $180 and there's plenty of 19"s under $200 you should look around a little before buying an (OMG) Acer.. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back