Acer P193W Monitor Max Resolution with Nvidia FX 5200

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Max resolution with this monitor is 1440 x 900 and I would like to achieve this. The FX 5200 supposedly support this resolution with a DVI output. However, I can only achieve 1280 x 1024 at the moment, but I am downloading the latest driver for the card at the moment.

Can anybody tell me if I can achieve this maximum resolution for my monitor with this card?

Thanks a lot.

Yes, it should be do-able. But the optimum resolution, from what we have seen, is 1280 X 1024.
The Acer P193W wide screen monitor has great difficulty going beyond 1280 X 1024.
Do a Gurgle search and you will see lots of people with similar problems.
The problem is with the way the screen is configured.

raybay said:
Yes, it should be do-able. But the optimum resolution, from what we have seen, is 1280 X 1024.
The Acer P193W wide screen monitor has great difficulty going beyond 1280 X 1024.
How? Its max resolution is 1440x900. You aren't going to get 1024 out of 900. So of course its going to have problems going beyond 1280x1024 because it can only do 1440x900.

My guess is you just need the correct drivers to support widescreen. The latest official drivers for XP are the 169.21s. If those don't work then post back and we'll see what else we can come up with.

The problem is with the Acer P193W. Get back to them for a replacement with a different model. They know about it.
Do a Gurgle search for "Acer P193W problems" and you will find page after page of complaints on this monitor not reaching specs.

raybay said:

Of course it is has problems going beyond 1280x1024, because it doesn't have enough pixels!

1440x900 is its native resolution. It's a wide screen. It cannot do 1280x1024. And if your graphics card allows it to, the screen will be in panning mode. You will only see 1440x900 worth of pixels of your 1280x1024 desktop at a time and you can pan around by moving your mouse to the edges of the screen.

"The FX 5200 supposedly support this resolution with a DVI output"
Yes, it will. The new driver you are downloading should fix it (www.nvidia.com. There are monitor drivers (INFs) you can get ahold of too, which will help your system detect its supported resolutions properly. The whole process is usually pretty automatic though.

raybay said:
Do a Gurgle search for "Acer P193W problems" and you will find page after page of complaints on this monitor not reaching specs.
acer.png

Looks like "no problem" is the common one.
acer2.png

SNGX1275 said:
Looks like "no problem" is the common one.
No no no! The problem, SNGX, is you have to search 'gurgle'.... not 'google'.
raybay said:
"Do a Gurgle search for "Acer P193W problems"
Here is what I get...
gurgle.jpg

Acer P193w

can any help me????
after install new window ( XP )
i have only 16:9 picture can any help me how can i get again full screen as before install new window???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back