Acer scanwit 2720s acard SCSI XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptitterington

Acer scanwit 2720s acard scusi XP

I am having a lot of trouble with this negative scanner.
It works perfectly on 98se with the drivers supplied and I have contacted http://www.acercm.co.uk/ and they have now provided XP drivers.
The software Is mirafoto and Photoshop LE.

The scuzi card is an acard.

I have installed the scuzi card and drivers (acard141) It has been a battle as xp keeps installing its own. I have uninstalled and reinstalled removing the card and rebooting inbetween using the downloaded driver and also the XP one.

I have Downloaded and installed the mirafoto v2009.

I am able to select the twain device start scanning get to about 30% and the machine freezes.
This happens each time with any combination of the drivers.

I have removed the card and the software and all is ok again.

any Ideas.

I have latest motherboard drivers, and have just flashed the bios and have latest drivers for most stuff. Generally it all works fine (apart from not being able to run UT)

1.4Athlon, xphome 512sdram 40gigmaxtor Epox 8kta3+pro Sb live
gforce 2mx , and the usual stuff

Do you receive any error messages before or after it locks up ? I know you said you have the latest driver and tried it but have you tried letting windows load the MS driver then going into Device Manager and updating the driver to see if that helps. OR deleting ALL the drivers and starting fresh again ?

I get no warning, the computer just locks up and I have to press the reset button.

I have let it load the M$ driver then updated to the downloaded.

Same result.

I dont think that it will work until the mira software is inatalled as it does not detect the device, only my flatbed scanner.

I have emailed acer and as yet have not recieved a useful reply.

Cheers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back