Acer unveils world's first G-Sync monitor with an IPS panel

By Shawn Knight
Jan 4, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Acer at CES has unveiled a new monitor that brings together a set of features that many have been clamoring for in a G-Sync enabled display.

Read more
  2. Experimentongod

Experimentongod TS Addict Posts: 209   +82

I have a 1080p IPS monitor. That puppy is 1440p with Gsync and IPS panel, that would be a really good upgrade for me.
  3. EEatGDL

EEatGDL TS Maniac Posts: 475   +153

Shut up and take my money.
  4. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +411

Come on... I'm trying to save money!!!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    Littleczr likes this.
  5. Wow, first monitor I've seen for a while that would be a worthy upgrade.... hopefully it's under $400 though.

Still getting along with my 24" 1080 ASUS TN panel, does the job good enough for me.
  6. CaptainTom

CaptainTom TS Booster Posts: 153   +61

Then get the FreeSync version for $150 less.
  7. Its actually a AHVA monitor. Similar to IPS. But not the same. Still awesome.
  8. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,601   +370

Hope you are right...
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,339   +1,938

Nah. It'll be too expensive for my taste besides TN and 1080p is still more than good enough for games as far as I'm concerned.
  10. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,804   +483

Meh. A gimmick to make them more expensive. Just add DP 1.3 to them and be done with that g-sync nonsense. make nvidia support freesync.
  11. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TS Evangelist Posts: 1,600   +411

nVIDIA should spend money developing high end products I can actually afford, so I don't make myself look silly calling their products gimmicks when 9.9 out of 10 people that have actually got to spend time with G-Sync say otherwise!
  12. Puiu

Puiu TS Evangelist Posts: 1,804   +483

it's not about if it works or not. it's about the fact that it's an extra that is not needed anymore. it did it's job. similar to mantle from AMD. it should be easy for nvidia to enable freesync on future products.