Acpi.sys BSOD

By alecstheone
Jan 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Hello guys!

I recently got 2 BSOD referring to Acpi.sys. I couldn't found out what were causing these BSOD's and I'm asking for Your support. Just before the BSOD appears, the PC is sluggish.

My computer is a DELL PRECISION T5500, hex core processor XEON 5675, video card: Quadro 4000, 12GB RAM ECC, 1.5 TB HDD and Im running Windows 7-64 bit

I have the latest drivers.

Here's the link of the uploaded BSOD's.

http://ge.tt/8bTpOcV/v/0

If someone can detect the cause I'll be very grateful!

Thank You very much!
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

3. alecstheone

alecstheone Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I ran memtest a few months ago so I'm guessing its not from RAM...

It only happened since 2 days, since I moved my pc in the guestroom and attached it to a LED TV. I changed the resolution from 1280x1024 to 1920x1080. So maybe it's from the graphic card, or (better) from the graphic card drivers.
    As I told You before it happened just after a small lag.

Isn't there a possibility to extract more (detailed) information from those minidumps?

Thank You for Your time!
  4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,732   +156

The minidumps don't suggest a video driver problem...
    ACPI.sys could be related to a hard drive problem. Go to Computer and right-click on the C drive, selecting properties, tools, check now. Put a check in both boxes to set a disk check on the next start up

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.