Active X controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Message I receive is:Current security setting prohibits running Active X control on this page. How does one make necessary adjustment?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to control panel and click on internet options select the security tab and set the slider to a lower level in order for activex components to be used.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

:dead: Didn't work. We are having the same problem. We are running IE6 SP1 on XP. Any other suggestions? Are we missing something? Is there a download that we can get?
Thanx in advance.
B

Windows XP Active X

My Active X doesn't work either and I am running Windows XP - I have made the necessary changes and still get script errors on some pages...

We have the same problem. IE security settings set to lowest level, all enabled but ActiveX control (needed for that page - remote desktop access thorugh Win2003Server's Remote Workplace site) woul dnot run on one of the remote machines with the message above: "Current security setting prohibits running Active X control on this page". You mentioned some filter that was blocking ActiveX.

What filter? Where si it and how do we open it? (I guess once I find the filter I'd be able to find out how to disable it but some additional hint might help.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back