ACTIVEx object causing havoc on my computer >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

miamai

Ok, I'm really afraid umm.. I downloaded this activex object from a random website that I "needed " to view a video.. umm so I downloaded it. Now there are all of these weird programs and security programs on my computer. There is a toolbar it installed and this thing on my left hand start button thing is like an x and then a triangle with a ! in it, and its flashing back and forth and I've tried removing and uninstalling it but it just stays. I dont want viruses and stuff! HELP! What do I do?! The program it installed was spylocked and security toolbar 7.1 , video activexobject 7.1, and I think some other stuff. Help please!!!!!! ++ When I try and unistall the active x object it says I should reboot prior to uninstalling and wont say "reeboot now" yes or no its says yes or cancel I dont want to though because it might not turn back onn!!!

Excuse my gross typing..

++++ Ok Umm... I also went to tools and manage add ons and disabled everything but this one: ieplg.ll1 or something stays enabled. Is that just internet explorer or a part of this?

This thing that didnt used to be on my computer keeps telling me I have viruses but im pretty sure that its just the actual virus trying to trick me...
HELP ME PLEASE </3

Im ran AVG but so far it seems fine but AVG is lame like that and never catches anything..

My friend said basically the same thing happened to her and she didnt have a computer for like a month but that was through limewire so I dont know... :(
Please tell me what to do.

you need;
Spywareblaster to stop BAD ActiveX components

Spybot S&D to elemenate the crud you already have

Install both.
Update Spywareblaster and then protect ALL

Update Spybot S&D
use Mode:Advanced ->Tools->ActiveX
there should be GREEN check-marks by the good stuff
(Screen shot attached)
All of these are ok

Once these are inplace, we may need to run some other cleanup/diag tools

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of miamai only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back