Actual Processor Speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone-

I was running PCMark 2002 the other day and my scores were really low for my system (it's been running slow lately..) I have a Sony Vaio laptop GRX670, P4 2 Ghz, 512 MB RAM and a 40 GB HD. PCMark saw my clock speed as 1.17 Ghz, and Sandra sees it as 1.19 Ghz.... What's up with that? Is it really running that slow? How do I get this thing back up to speed? Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate it!

sounds like

time for an enema...........cleaners: spyware /registry/unnecessary files/virus you name it...........get it out of there :grinthumb

Chopper, Adaware will get rid of many many virus's, trojans, backdoors, worms,etc,etc. Its one of the best spyware-removal tools. You can download it here:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=506

I have no idea why your CPU is being reconized as that slow, pretty awkard. But get Adaware anyways if you dont have it, its great and will keep your PC clean and healthy :)

Recently faced similar problem, laptops run a "Speedstep" program to maximize the battery life. System draws processor speed as necessary.

Thanks for the quick replies. Does this speedstep program slow down my computer? Is there a way to disable it? Ad-aware is gonna be run soon as well as spybot s & d!

laptops

do not have great battery life, there are exceptions, but, as a rule............it's drainin' only if it's unplugged.........but let's face it, you got it plugged in right?, so don't worry about that too much, just clean house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back