TechSpot

Add and Remove Programs

By kraziebone
May 17, 2006
  1. Yea umm im sorry I have no idea were to post this but there are a phew programs that show up on my add and remove programs list that won't uninstall im looking for a program or something to remove this annoying problem direct links to the download are best or a way to fix it please and thank you

2. TonyGuitar

TonyGuitar TS Rookie Posts: 90

Kraziebone, Defender bata from Microsft download

Download Defender beta from Microsoft. Memory...I think beta-2 ..
    Anyway you are looking at what is in the Taskmanager and you can set those item aside if I recall correctly.

It sure worked for me. Fairly straight forward too, kinda refreshing for Microsoft.

I*ll keep an eye here and see what you think of it. The icon is a little greystone fortress wall image. TG

3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

can you explain on what those programs are? and if you've tried to remove them before successfully/unsucessfully, as well as any errors (full description please)

also.. may wanna run through these, if those programs seem abit dodgy..
    http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic47240.html

4. Char_X

Char_X TS Rookie Posts: 170

Try CCleaner. It helps remove programs that can't be uninstalled through usual add\remove program windows wizard

5. kraziebone

kraziebone TS Rookie Topic Starter

wow thank you ccleaner is awesome it deleted the files that wouldn't go away thank you Char_X

6. Char_X

Char_X TS Rookie Posts: 170

It's nice to hear ;)

I'm glad to help you.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.