Add DVI out to Laptop via PCMCIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got a Gateway MX6447 notebook with Radeon Xpress 1150 chipset. The chipset has support for DVI, but there is no mobo DVI interface. Anyone seen a DVI interface like the one here for PCMCIA instead of PCIe? Not looking for video card, just interface adapter. If there is a PC card out there do you think it will be able to utilize the onboard DVI support?

Oh yeah, and is it worth all this hassle to connect my notebook to a 37 in lcd tv as the primary monitor(not yet purchased) just to have a digital connection? Or should i just stick with the VGA to VGA connection that is available?

Yeah i have done a lot of searching myself and seen the boxes for pci slots and so forth. They are pretty expensive. I dont think the increase in video performance that i will get from DVI-D is worth the cost of those. I will stick with VGA for a few months and see if something comes out. Since DVI is still relatively new to notebooks, it may take a while for a simple PCMCIA - DVI adapter to hit the market.

Hum.. If there are no PCMCIA video cards with VGA output, then I doubt there will be many PCMCIA-DVI cards..

The PCI-E thing you linked before is not possible for PCMCIA or anything else. It is a gadget that works only with some Intel chipsets and only over PCI Express using something called SDVO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back