TechSpot

Add new program in "New" context menu

By shoeseat
Aug 6, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys.I am having little problem.When i right click on desktop and select "New" their isn't any option for notepad or wordpad.I think their should be one.I use to create new notepad directly from their.But now its gone.

I searched on web but couldn't find proper solution.I even used Tweak UI and tried to add new "template" but it won't allow me to add notepad or wordpad.It gives error message like "you cannot add this program as new template..."

Do anyone know how to add notepad or wordpad in this "New" menu?
  2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

It is usually found by going to Start;>All Programs->Accessories, then selecting Note Pad there.
  3. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

That is in Windows XP, but there are similar in VISTA and Windows 7.
  4. shoeseat

shoeseat TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 93

Hello raybay,Thankx for the reply.I know it can be found in that location and also under windows folder.But i was just curious how it was removed from "New" and want to know how to put it back their.I usually create new notes from the "New" menu.Strange how it was removed from their.But thankx a lot for showing the interest. :)
  5. red1776

red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,895   +88

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.