Add/Remove Programs Problem - Yet Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the full story as much as i can remember:

I un-installed Norton Internet Security 2005, then was required to restart, which I didn't. I then tried to un-install Norton Systemworks Premier 2005 and it instructed me that I had to restart before I coul un-install as of the NIS un-installation. After I cleard that screen off, the Add/Remove Programs page changed, all of the System Works Utilities where listed instead of been under Norton Systemworks Premier 2005 and all programs lost the Change Remove buttons. So... I'm stuck with all the programs I installed before Norton and the only things I can un-install is the programs that where installed after I re-installed all Norton products. If anyone can help me out it would be great!!! :knock: :knock: :knock:

Thanks, Jake

after restarting, try reinstalling/reparing NSW. if successfull, you should then be able to uninstall everything but this time around follow the instructions. you could also try using the system restore feature, but i never had to resort to that for this type of situation.

I've re-installed NSW twice before and still I can't remove programs that were installed before NSW was installed. Any other ideas?

Its not that I want to remove NIS or NSW, I can do that, its the programs that I have previously installed before I had NIS and NSW. I want to be able to remove them but the 'Change/Remove' button to do so has disappeard on all software installed before NIS and NSW.

had the same thing happen on a W2K machine
you run the appwiz.cpl file using the "run" command
can you see the missing programs
check .
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
I think I reinstalled the appwiz.cpl file and I know somewhere msdn has a fix ,very common problem,I hate norton software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back