Add/Remove Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

circusninja

When I first got my computer and when Ive used other computers, in the Add/Remove Programs section in the control Panel it gave me the option to either Change/Remove Programs. Well, my computer no longer gives me that option. It shows the size and the frequency of use of the program, but NO option to un-install. The weird thing is, is that there are like 2 programs that give me the option, but the rest dont. Please help me. Ive got crap on my comp that i wanna dump, but cant. Im runnin Windows XP home edition. Help me get the option to un-install back on ALL installed programs. Thanks.

just reformat the harddisk and install a new windows xp home edition again
you save half a day, rather then thinking the problem]

but backup your data first

lol just joking, if a person says like that above, lol, i wouldnt even wanna do that....

okay, perhaps your cpl is corrupted

Do the instructions below + get your windows xp home edition CD!

Start > Run > sfc /scannow

This will pop out a mini window which asks you that some of your dll files or
system files needed to be fix/updated or etc. Put in your windows xp home
edition cd so it can extract and replace the bad files or etc. hope it works

if that cant work, try system restore (available in all windows xp)
start > program > accessories > system tools > system restore

I tried system restore and it doesnt go back far enough and doesnt work. Windows XP was installed in store, and I dont have a cd.........any other ideas? Please?

If you have the installation CDs for the programs, try reinstalling one to see if it appears in Add/Remove Programs.

What kind of recovery system does the PC use?

If it's a Recovery CD that reinstalls the system from files on a hidden partition on the hard drive, you can save your data files, e-mails, Favorites, etc., and then run it.

Wow. That is very interesting, I learned sumthin. Tooo bad I cant afford that at the moment. LoL. Any other options?

try retaking possion of the drives
(ownership) under drive properties premissions and securitys tabs
if you have the install you may have to reinstall the .cp_
to the CPL
CP_ is a compressed windows cab file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back