TechSpot

added a new ram in laptop

By direct
May 28, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi guys ,
    first of all hallo to every one iam new to this forum , i hve a problem i hve updated my laptop ram to 512 MB ram rigth now iam trying to start it but its not working ,,,
    power is working i guess its not booting up

did any one faced this prob pls give solution to this my laptop is sony vaio fs315m

thank u

2. ovvn.you

ovvn.you TS Rookie Posts: 122

*Welcome to Tech Spot*

we will need some more details to help you with your problem, are you getting to bios or is there no display at all?

3. direct

direct TS Rookie Topic Starter

hi Ovvn.you

thanks for ur response , iam not getting to the BIOS , i mean to say when iam switching on the laptop i can see nothing on the screen its blank ,,,,,iam confused i guess its not botting up or the display is the problem "

pls assist me
    thank u

4. ovvn.you

ovvn.you TS Rookie Posts: 122

best bet is to take it to a pro, cant say without seeing it... last time i had that problem, turned out my cpu was fried

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

Read the installing ram guide in the guides forum please. All your questions are answered there.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.