Adding a second fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_need_answers

I have 1 cpu fan in currently and want to add another. I have it plugged into a power supply and have tested the fan on the cpu fan power supply port and it works but it won't work when i plug it into a differn't port is there any special thing i have to do??
Thanks

By reading threads around techspot it appears if you run your CPU fan off the plug on the motherboard you may have compatibility issues eg: certain mobos will only run certain fans and the PSU not as fussy. Sound like a Marketing Strategy. So best to do as our Irish friend says and run it off the PSU :giddy:

i_need_answers said:
I have 1 cpu fan in currently and want to add another. I have it plugged into a power supply and have tested the fan on the cpu fan power supply port and it works but it won't work when i plug it into a differn't port is there any special thing i have to do??
Thanks
Your board may have a safety feature on it that will prevent the board from posting until the jumper for the fan is plugged in- to prevent the chip from roasting during a post. Experienced system builders will shudder at the thought of that *ahem lol* You can get a power splitter that includes mobo jumpers and 4 pin molex pwr connectors.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back