Adding Lines of Code to files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tribal-Phoenix

Hello, does anybody know if yes then how can i add lines of code to for example exe file, if i out it on top of the original the file would be wasted and will not function.

You will need the full coding of the original program, then add your lines in the proper format, then compile the lot into a new .EXE
No other way, you may as well forget about that.

Please explain what you are intending to do, because there may be a way to do it without having to actually code things

Well there isnt really any intentions i ws just messing with some stuff and decided to see if i can add this
*X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*
test virus header to other files without actualy damaging the content, To Howard , thats for the exe but what about other types of files like doc or jpg now i know jpg is not binary but is it still possible.

Jpg have a tag written into them somewhere that can say stuff like what time the picture was taken, what camera, etc.

I don't know how to edit it though.

There must be a way to do what you are thinking though.

get a program called Win32 Disassembler (W32 DASM) And play around with that, youll have to do a google search, its loads of fun and is what most people do to...edit certain registration requirements on expensive software..... It gives you access to the binary in w32 programs, so it may accomplish what your looking for.

Thanks for reply but when I open any file wiht this dissassembler I see these weird characters , heres screenshot.

Attachments

• Win32.GIF
    Win32.GIF
    80.4 KB · Views: 9
RBS, he's not trying to edit executables. He's trying to have it so the executable can edit another file. IE, if the executable scans a .doc file, it adds something to the first line of it.

Not something I would want to do, but that is what he wants to try.

Well this works for mp3 files u can for example edit a song and add your password for somethign instead of writing it down then you can copy it on your mp3 preety secure and nobody knows and the main thing is that the filestill works. tdeg is almost right what im tring to do here is edit any kind of file not just exe so when its executed the line i add would work too.

Yeah, you have to change the font into a human readable font, there s tutorials all over the place for w32 DASM, anyhow, to do what you want, you would need to refer to RBS's 1st post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back