Adidas outfits World Cup soccer ball with six HD cameras, nausea sure to ensue

By Shawn Knight
Apr 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The 2014 FIFA World Cup is set to begin in just a few short months and in an effort to drum up even more interest, Adidas has mounted an array of HD cameras inside a Brazuca World Cup ball designed...

Read more
  2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

So excited for the World Cup. I expected Adidas would do this, so it comes as no surprise. Let the nausea ensue!
  3. emmzo

emmzo TS Booster Posts: 111   +14

Some kind of head gear camera would have been a better idea, but this... what`s next? A camera in the tip of the shoe?
    misor likes this.
  4. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,157   +195

Lol, I loved the movie 'the blairwitch project' but I hoped I'll never encounter another movie like it.
    while this 6 hd camera-equipped ball is a plus in my tech list, thanks the heavens I have never liked the soccer. (I'm a fan of these sports: basketball, volleyball, MMA, women mud wrestling... :) )
    motion sickness = drugs = pharmaceutical companies are sponsors of the 2014 FIFA world cup? = money!
    a camera in the tip of the shoe = peeping? = jail time :)
  5. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,136   +480

What they need to do now is develop a software that is able to use the collected videos and link them together and generate a sort of video dome and you can stare in one direction instead of making loopdee loos. This would require a gyro sensor so they can at least determine which way is up.
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Seems like an April Fools joke...
  7. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 632   +163

Makes no sense, pretty sure its an April fools joke.

Kicking those lenses would hurt and break them.