TechSpot

1. TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot Forums are dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Adidas outfits World Cup soccer ball with six HD cameras, nausea sure to ensue

By Shawn Knight ยท 6 replies
Apr 1, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. The 2014 FIFA World Cup is set to begin in just a few short months and in an effort to drum up even more interest, Adidas has mounted an array of HD cameras inside a Brazuca World Cup ball designed...

Read more

2. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar Elite Techno Geek Posts: 6,489   +969

So excited for the World Cup. I expected Adidas would do this, so it comes as no surprise. Let the nausea ensue!

3. emmzo

emmzo TS Booster Posts: 130   +25

Some kind of head gear camera would have been a better idea, but this... what`s next? A camera in the tip of the shoe?

misor likes this.
  4. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,188   +209

Lol, I loved the movie 'the blairwitch project' but I hoped I'll never encounter another movie like it.
    while this 6 hd camera-equipped ball is a plus in my tech list, thanks the heavens I have never liked the soccer. (I'm a fan of these sports: basketball, volleyball, MMA, women mud wrestling... :) )
    motion sickness = drugs = pharmaceutical companies are sponsors of the 2014 FIFA world cup? = money!
    a camera in the tip of the shoe = peeping? = jail time :)

5. stewi0001

stewi0001 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,263   +630

What they need to do now is develop a software that is able to use the collected videos and link them together and generate a sort of video dome and you can stare in one direction instead of making loopdee loos. This would require a gyro sensor so they can at least determine which way is up.

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,718   +400

Seems like an April Fools joke...

7. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 679   +193

Makes no sense, pretty sure its an April fools joke.

Kicking those lenses would hurt and break them.