Adidas outfits World Cup soccer ball with six HD cameras, nausea sure to ensue

Shawn Knight

Staff member

adidas put cameras found adidas soccer ball

The 2014 FIFA World Cup is set to begin in just a few short months and in an effort to drum up even more interest, Adidas has mounted an array of HD cameras inside a Brazuca World Cup ball designed to capture 360-degree footage.

The one-off ball was created from six different panels – each a different color and inspired by traditional Brazilian Bahia wish bands (Brazil is the host nation this year). Said ball will tour a number of football (soccer) loving countries including England, Germany, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Spain and the US.

Clips from the six GoPro-style cameras showing the Brazuca’s point of view will be made available on the Adidas Football YouTube channel and on the Brazuca website.

It’s no doubt a neat idea but after watching the promotional video above, I couldn't help but feel a little nauseated.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

So excited for the World Cup. I expected Adidas would do this, so it comes as no surprise. Let the nausea ensue!

Some kind of head gear camera would have been a better idea, but this... what`s next? A camera in the tip of the shoe?

Lol, I loved the movie 'the blairwitch project' but I hoped I'll never encounter another movie like it.
while this 6 hd camera-equipped ball is a plus in my tech list, thanks the heavens I have never liked the soccer. (I'm a fan of these sports: basketball, volleyball, MMA, women mud wrestling... :) )
motion sickness = drugs = pharmaceutical companies are sponsors of the 2014 FIFA world cup? = money!
Some kind of head gear camera would have been a better idea, but this... what`s next? A camera in the tip of the shoe?
a camera in the tip of the shoe = peeping? = jail time :)

What they need to do now is develop a software that is able to use the collected videos and link them together and generate a sort of video dome and you can stare in one direction instead of making loopdee loos. This would require a gyro sensor so they can at least determine which way is up.

Makes no sense, pretty sure its an April fools joke.

Kicking those lenses would hurt and break them.

Back