Adidas will soon let you customize your shoes with Instagram pics

Himanshu Arora

Staff

Adidas announced on Friday that it will soon release a smartphone app that will let you customize your sneakers with any of your Instagram pictures. Dubbed Photo Print, the app is set to launch in August, and will be available for both Android and iPhone devices.

Those interested in wearing selfies on their shoes, or that really delicious dinner from last week, will have to purchase a pair of the ZX Flux sneakers. The latter is part of the customizable miAdidas brand that lets you design and purchase your own colourways.

Adidas hasn't exactly given a lot of information about the app. Although the company did release a 15-second Instagram video teaser (see below), it didn't reveal specific details about the app or its user interface.

This isn't really a groundbreaking feature as Nike already offers a similar service through its Nike ID program that lets you customize your sneakers on a computer, rather than on a phone. That said, Instagram's popularity might help this new feature from Adidas reach wider audiences.

Regular ZX Flux sneakers retail for around $90. Though there's no official pricing information yet, a customized pair is estimated to be below $200.

Permalink to story.

$200 for a pair of sneakers? Most definitely not. I'd go barefoot before I pay that. They said it should be below $200 and if it's $180 below then I'm hip.

$200 for a pair of sneakers? Most definitely not. I'd go barefoot before I pay that. They said it should be below $200 and if it's $180 below then I'm hip.

$200 isnt really all the rediculous man. I mean, it's it something you have on your feet ALL THE TIME. And dont you care about your feet? I'm in no way talking about anything to do with the article... the picture thing is silly.

$200 isnt really all the rediculous man. I mean, it's it something you have on your feet ALL THE TIME. And dont you care about your feet? I'm in no way talking about anything to do with the article... the picture thing is silly.
C'mon man. 200 bucks for a pair of sneakers is ridiculous. I can pick up a good pair of genuine Adidas sports shoes for a third of the price in my country and even that would be a bit on the expensive side.

C'mon man. 200 bucks for a pair of sneakers is ridiculous. I can pick up a good pair of genuine Adidas sports shoes for a third of the price in my country and even that would be a bit on the expensive side.

I guess I wasnt necessarily just talking about sneakers. I wear other types of footwear and forgot to mention that. I use to go cheap on shoes too.

Back