Adjusting Frame Rates for Radeon 9700 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

This is my first post so ... here goes :rolleyes:

I have a radeon 9700 pro ... I play counter strike and want to get my frame rate above 60fps.

I have made sure that the default setting in HL/CS is fps_max 100 but the card will not exceed 60 when monitored (net_graph 3).

The desktop settings I use are 1024 by 768, 16bit at 100fps.

I used to have an nvidia card and I remember I had to use a geforce tweaking utility to adjust the overall frame rates for each resolution / desktop bit depth.

Does such a program (or method) exist for the ATI Radeon ? :confused:

Thanks in advance

DK10

Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

Make sure that in the settings have TruForm turned off. For some reason this causes a large performance hit. I found that shooting windows in CS with TruForm switched off really killed my frames per second. Also the monitor that your using might only be able to display at 60Hz and you probably have Vsync switched on which means the frames output by the graphics card are synchronised with the monitor refresh rate. I believe for XP you might need to look for a "refresh rate" fix, otherwise just turn off Vsync in the dirver settings for the 9700 Pro.

Hope this helps ;)

You can try RivaTuner and use it's 60 hz refresh fix. It works on ATI cards now, too, I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back