Adjusting Wave and Master Volume

Status
Not open for further replies.
To keep things simple I have recetly built my own HTPC and am using a HDA Digital Mystique 7.1 Gold soundcard for audio. When I use the windows remote to adjust the volume it only changes the volume of the master volume level and leaves the wave volume level unchanged. I know that my best bet is to simply change the volume on my AV Receiver and leave the Wave and Master volume at mid - max but when my girlfriend uses the HTPC she always uses the remotes volume control.

Having said that I would simply like the option of being able to change the volume of my HTPC via the MS remote instad of just the amp.

If more information is needed or if you would like a better explanation of what I am trying to acheive then please feel free to ask.

Regards, Matt.

You said the remote can controll the master volume. So just turn everthing else up to full and then just use the remote, because the master volume will controll the whole volume.

This is true but even when the master volume is on 0 you can still hear the wave output. This is the first sound card that I have ever came across that uses wave and and main system volume. Either way, even when system volume is 0, you can still here the wave... the audio just sounds alot flatter, as if the bass has been taken out.

Regards, Matt.

Definately the latest version. Only released a couple of months ago.

I will play around with it tomorrow but I dont seem to be able to make head nor tail of this.

Regards, Matt.

Could be worth a try. Seems unlikely but worth a try none the less. My girlfriend is in bed so I wouldrather not start tinkering around with the PC now but I shall try in the morning and post back.

Thank you very much for your interest in this matter.

Regards, Matt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back