administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

focus_water

when i try to install a program it wont let me. it says that i am not an administrator account even though i am using an admin account.

Are you the only user on the computer? If you are, you should have been assigned full administrator privileges.

Go to START/CONTROL PANEL/USER ACCOUNTS and select edit your account and verify that you have administrator privileges.

focus_water said:
when i try to install a program it wont let me. it says that i am not an administrator account even though i am using an admin account.

Do you mean that this happens for every program you try to install? What I am driving at is, if this only happened to you with one program, it might just be that program which has a problem. The solution there would be to try a reinstall, if you have a CD, or to download the program again, if you are getting it off the Internet, to see if it is a problem with the program's installation setup.

Assuming for the moment that this is a problem you are having with every program you are trying to install. If it is a relatively recent problem, you can do a system restore to an earlier date when you were not having the problem. Another possibility, is to boot to the last known good configuration. You can get to the menu by tapping the F8 key at the boot screen. If either of the aforementioned do not solve the problem, I would run system file check, as follows: Start/Run/type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotations). You will most likely need your installation CD. If you do, you will be prompted to insert it in the CD Drive. This will take 10 or 15 minutes to run, and you will see a progress bar. When it is done it will just disappear from the screen. The operation fixes/replaces any of you protected system files that are corrupt or missing.

That is all I can think of at this moment. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back