Adobe error 1402

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkenny

I am working on a computer with windows xp which is having issues installing adobe reader. It is running into a 1402 error that has had many topics in other forums, but I am running into a second issue within the explanation of what to do for a fix. First, go here http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/329/329137.html to understand what I will be talking about. In the topic I get to where you have to set the permissions under security, there are no user account names showing at all. I should mention that not even a week ago, this computer had adobe installed and was working fine. Then suddenly it wasn't. My other attempt at a fix was to try and go into safe mode to do a restore point. But after the initial loading into safe mode, they computer restarts. I then tried the restore point from within windows, but ran into an error. Thorough scans brought up 10 trojans and a few other infections. So I am stuck on what to try next. The exact error message when trying to install adobe reader is Error 1402.Could not open key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\IMAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back