Adobe products cause my computer to instantly shut off

By alcarin2030
Oct 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Let me start off by saying that I have been building computers for over 10 years, so my computer knowledge is significantly high. This is not a heating issue, I can replicate the problem while watching the temps and they are fine. This happens with both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Air. Adobe Air is used in League of Legends, a game I play. Every once and a while, while fiddling with the UI in game, my computer will instantly turn off. No freezing, no BSOD, just off. I have swapped PSUs, GPU's, and HDD's. This problem also occurs when I try to drag one picture to another in Photoshop. I do not have this problem anywhere else but with Adobe. Any thoughts?
  2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,698   +155

How is your memory. Just went threw this with a laptop. Added more memory. Problem went away.
  3. alcarin2030

alcarin2030 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 100   +10

8GB of 1600mhz.
  4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,698   +155

That should be more then enough memory. I would rather think this would be a software problem then a hardware problem. But could be wrong. Do you have any other programs running in the back ground when this happens? Other then that I am about out of suggestion. I am sure someone here might have a good one.
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

What about a malware problem? Have you tested the memory for errors?
  6. alcarin2030

alcarin2030 TechSpot Member Topic Starter Posts: 100   +10

Checked memory for over 12 hours. It is fine. No malware or viruses.
  7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,682   +153

What program did you use to check for malware?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.