TechSpot

Adobe products cause my computer to instantly shut off

By Axiarus
Oct 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Let me start off by saying that I have been building computers for over 10 years, so my computer knowledge is significantly high. This is not a heating issue, I can replicate the problem while watching the temps and they are fine. This happens with both Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Air. Adobe Air is used in League of Legends, a game I play. Every once and a while, while fiddling with the UI in game, my computer will instantly turn off. No freezing, no BSOD, just off. I have swapped PSUs, GPU's, and HDD's. This problem also occurs when I try to drag one picture to another in Photoshop. I do not have this problem anywhere else but with Adobe. Any thoughts?

2. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

How is your memory. Just went threw this with a laptop. Added more memory. Problem went away.

3. Axiarus

Axiarus TS Addict Topic Starter Posts: 191   +75

8GB of 1600mhz.

4. Cobalt006

Cobalt006 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,777   +241

That should be more then enough memory. I would rather think this would be a software problem then a hardware problem. But could be wrong. Do you have any other programs running in the back ground when this happens? Other then that I am about out of suggestion. I am sure someone here might have a good one.

5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,213   +230

What about a malware problem? Have you tested the memory for errors?

6. Axiarus

Axiarus TS Addict Topic Starter Posts: 191   +75

Checked memory for over 12 hours. It is fine. No malware or viruses.

7. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,213   +230

What program did you use to check for malware?