Ads on Facebook

circusboy01

Hope I put this in the right forum. It's been a while since I've been here.
I have Adblock plus in IE GC, and FF. Yet I am getting Ads along the right side of Facebook. Do I actually have to put Adblock plus in Facebook? Is that even possible?
FF is my primary browser,

Hope I put this in the right forum. It's been a while since I've been here.
I have Adblock plus in IE GC, and FF. Yet I am getting Ads along the right side of Facebook. Do I actually have to put Adblock plus in Facebook? Is that even possible?
FF is my primary browser,
I had the exact same situation happen & I also posted in here. I don't recall what the answer was, so unless somebody else has an idea, we'll have to live with it. Yes, I still see them. :(

I had the exact same situation happen & I also posted in here. I don't recall what the answer was, so unless somebody else has an idea, we'll have to live with it. Yes, I still see them. :(
About a half hour after I posted this Ads started poping up in the left side of FF too. Where's Broni when you need him? ;0)
by the way nhf about the Superbowl.

Can you post a screenshot of them?
I really can't Have forgotten how. Besides, it seems like they only show up when they feel like it. If that makes any sense. A lot of times they are photos of women. with a thing asking which age women I would be interested in. Must be like that old mail order bride thing ;0)

Hey everyone Cyber told me that I never concluded this thread. Thought I did sorry.
I thought I had fixed the problem by hovering over the gear in the upper right clicking on setting, and changing from full feature to basic setting. But that stopped working now all it does is change the Ads,
Guess I'll just live with them.
Again sorry about leaving this thread open for so long

It's me again. Guess who's a big dummy.( I know, I know same old thing.) When I wasn't using FF my Yahoo mail was Ad free. Then Filehippo showed that FF had a new version so I decided to download it, and make it my primary Browser. That's when I started getting the Ads in Yahoo mail again. Seems I had forgotten to add Adblock Plus. Now that I've done that the Ads are gone.
Still don't know why I was having trouble with the Ads back when I first started this thread. Don't remember if GC or FF was my primary browser but I'm 99,99% sure I had Adblock plus on both of them.

Hey everyone Cyber told me that I never concluded this thread. Thought I did sorry.
I thought I had fixed the problem by hovering over the gear in the upper right clicking on setting, and changing from full feature to basic setting. But that stopped working now all it does is change the Ads,
Guess I'll just live with them.
Again sorry about leaving this thread open for so long

Everyone, I gave you some misinformation it was actually learninmypc that told that I never finished the thread. Cyber is his mysterious alter ego. :0)

It's me again. Guess who's a big dummy.( I know, I know same old thing.) When I wasn't using FF my Yahoo mail was Ad free. Then Filehippo showed that FF had a new version so I decided to download it, and make it my primary Browser. That's when I started getting the Ads in Yahoo mail again. Seems I had forgotten to add Adblock Plus. Now that I've done that the Ads are gone.
Still don't know why I was having trouble with the Ads back when I first started this thread. Don't remember if GC or FF was my primary browser but I'm 99,99% sure I had Adblock plus on both of them.

Hi Circusboy! ;)

There is a third party build of FF that really is more secure and efficient called "Pale Moon" available in both 32bit and 64bit(native) versions.Please check out www.palemoon.org . I personally vouch for your satisfaction with these and All FireFox extensions and other customizations should work. :cool:

-Cowboy

Back