Ads on top of menus, drop downs

By gbhall
Apr 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Some advert about QLIK is dominating everything today at the top of every screen. Often but not always overlaying the menu drop-down, which makes techspot unusable. This is pretty awful at the moment. Even when the advert is not overlaying everything, it is pretty enormous and far too obtrusive. Sorry.

Attached Files:

2. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,667   +868

Yeah, I hate ad banners for this reason and many others. They are just obnoxious IMO. Especially if they play video.
  3. pw2much

pw2much TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 109

You have this Microsoft Cloud ad that comes up right at the top of the page blocking access to my settings and it makes it hard to navigate any of my setting. This is the most annoying ad ever. The worst part is there is no way to close it.
  4. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,917   +119 Staff Member

Can you please take a screenshot, if possible also showing the URL where it comes from?
  5. gbhall

gbhall TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 2,327   +49

By and large, the banner adverts are not overlaying important drop-downs in the top menu any more. Until this morning. Once again, I have to close the advert before I can see if I have any responses. Don't like it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

FYI, we are working to solve this. Thanks for the reports and screenshots.
  7. pw2much

It's the IT Office 365 ad.
  8. Julio Franco

This should be much, much better now. Please do let me know if you come across any campaigns that go over our fixed top menu. Thanks.
  9. pw2much

As I was coming to thank you I found this:
    Ads on Top!!!.png
  10. Julio Franco

I just came across the same banner in Firefox and Chrome and it works fine there... damn IE :confused:
  11. pw2much

Not rushing you!! just informing you that it's still there!

12. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,382   +205

Firefox 28.

upload_2014-5-4_1-27-16.png
  13. pw2much

I'm sorry but I don't use Firefox, it's still on IE?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.