advice on hijack this log..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

FreezeScreenSaver

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

FreezeScreenSaver.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0

O21 - SSODL: carbinyl - {8d8c2387-7f80-4022-9be6-43630a969558} - C:\WINNT\system32\gwquvw.dll (file missing)

O23 - Service: FreezeScreenSaver - Unknown owner - C:\WINNT\system32\FreezeScreenSaver.exe

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\WINNT\system32\FreezeScreenSaver.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\gwquvw.dll
C:\windows\system32\blank.htm

Reboot into normal mode and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of steventempleman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I forgot to add(now edited) I need you to post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of steventempleman only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks for getting back to me. Your HJT log is clean.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

yeahh i dont know if this has anything to do with some things i did but certain websites i go on like google hotmail myspace all work but the other forums i look out usually will not let me go on it says it cannot connect to server and its taking to long.

i was also wondering i have a labtop and when i connect it to the internet it goes like half as slow and as it is its like the slowest thing i've ever been on i would like to do this stuff to my labtop but is there a way i could without connecting it to the internet til some of the stuff is cleared off of it... it was fast when i first purchased it

Your first problem may be caused by the websites being down or something.

You can use your computer to download HJT then burn it to cd along with the rest ot the tools/programmes etc in this thread HERE. Run the tools programmes on your laptop, then post a HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log from the laptop.

howard_hopkinso said:
Your first problem may be caused by the websites being down or something.

You can use your computer to download HJT then burn it to cd along with the rest ot the tools/programmes etc in this thread HERE. Run the tools programmes on your laptop, then post a HJT log as well as an AVG Antispyware log from the laptop.

thanks thats what i was thinking but im having problems with my cd and cd-r drive and its not even recognizin theres a disc in the cd-r drive and when i put one in the cd drive it says it cannot be opened and when i click on it in my comp. it says this cannot be done because its missin napster.exe or somethin like that... any ideas

Either reinstall Napster or uninstall it from add remove programmes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back