Advice on rebooting probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me some advice?

Since Yesterday my PC keeps rebooting itself, and i get the message 'you system have recovered from a serious error'

Im not that clued up when it comes to computers and dont know what could be causing this or how to rectify it.

I do know that this is not caused by spyware/virus, all scans are clean.

i have just recently had a new video card installed, dont know if this makes a difference.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

the video card is probably the issue, but we don't known that for sure yet. You say you "had a video card installed", whoever installed it probably didn't uninstall the old video drivers first.

But for now lets see what your reboot error is telling you. When your system reboots itself, I will assume you get a BSOD (blue screen with an error code), but it flashes too quickly to see. Go into your system properties control panel > click the advanced tab > click startup and recovery settings > uncheck the automatically restart". This way the next time it reboots, write down the error code and the associated system file

Ok, thanks for your help, if its any help the original video card was faulty and it had to be replaced, when we went to pick it up the bloke said he couldnt install the drivers as there was a password on the admin account so he couldnt get into it, there is no passwords, i know what i think *shrugs.

it has rebooted again and a Blue screen came up, not sure if this is the info that you want though

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

0x00000004E (0x00000007), 0x00000E12, 0x20000000, 0x00000000

there was all sorts of stuff about going into safe mode and contacting the administrator but there was nothing else i could do to get the computer back to the main screen except hit the reboot button on the front, nothing else would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back