Advise me please..my emachine T2542 is evil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a emachine T2542. Two weeks ago it just wouldn't turn on...needed a new power supply. Before my power supply went two weeks ago it was doing this exact thing also at shut down:
.....when i got to shut down, i press the power button off but then the yellow/orange light with the trash can icon flashes on and off and the it also buzzes on an off in sync continiously with it.
It won't stop so I have to shut it off by the on/off switch in the back of the unit.
Please does anyone know what this means. I've looked on emachines website..they have nothing! their troubleshooting advice is useless, not even mentioning my problem. Any ideas....?
Thanks!

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

Yes I think thats what the "E" in Evilmachine means. :evil:
You don't use the start button shutdown feature in windows?

Also, replacing the crap Evilmachine PSU with the same piece of crap is not helping either.
You need a proper PSU from a reputable company, such as Enermax, Antec, Fortron.
Anything from 350W upwards will do for your Evilmachine.

then what do you think the flashing is...

I do shut down from the start window in windows, and the computer shuts down properly...the monitor turns off but the emachine unit goes from the e button being green to being off (which it does in a proper shut down) but then the yellow/orange light then does its flashing and buzzing. Sorry i didn't explain that earlier..duh..

A friend of mine put in a new power supply from Circuit city, good brand. Forget what it was though.

Do what i do with all evil things...BURN IT... :evil: :evil: BURN...BURN..BURN IT I TELLS YA.......or you could fix it or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back