TechSpot

Adware from ddldabest.com

By gabim
Jan 13, 2010
  1. Hello,

My computer is infected by a malware (adware) that creates a annoying pop-up or two on every page I attempt to see.
    I have 3 browsers, the only one infected is Internet Explorer8.0.6.
    Chrome and Firefox are OK.

I blocked pop-up windows in IE to no effect.
    I scanned my PC with Spybot, Supera, Avast, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Nod, Ad-aware, I cleaned it with CCleaner, no effect at all (all were free or trial versions).

The pop-up window connects itself to http://mph.ddldabest.com/dd/ads-top.php?.... and downloads various advertisement, some is textual, some is pictorial. I suspect that they select their adds according to my recent google searches. Sometimes, the pop-up window just stays empty.

I googled for some information on mph.ddldabest.com but the only sites that mention it are in Chinese or Japanese, so I do not understand. Norton online test says the page itself is harmless.

I am not sure where my PC could catch this malware since more people use my PC.

The only surfacial solution to get rid of the pop-up windows was to set my IE security to maximum and keep it on this level. But I would prefer get rid of the malware out of my computer.

I am just an ordinary user of computers, no expert.

Thanks for any help,
    Gabriela

Attached Files:

2. strategic

strategic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,020

I would switch your HOSTS file with this
    Also use no-script
    First the HOSTS though, the no-script could be a nuisance to set up.
    This should take care of it, let us know...:)

3. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Gabriela, to find the malware entries and remove them, it would be best for you to follow the steps HERE.

When you have completed the 3 programs, attach the logs to your next reply for review.

NOTE: There are similar lines in Malwarebytes and Superantispyware to Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

Be sure to do that. I will help with any removals in the HijackThis log, so you will only be checking the entries I instruct you to after I see the logs.

Resetting the Hosts files will help security in the future but it won't remove malware that is on the system now.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.