Aether's Cone speaker aims to play the perfect song every time

By Shawn Knight
Mar 4, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Meet the Cone speaker, an Internet of Things newcomer from a startup by the name of Aether. Cone is unlike any other speaker you've seen before in that it aims to simplify how you listen to music by learning your...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,041   +218

Finally a interesting speaker that will make listening to music different and probably better!
  3. I don't know man, just make a brain probe or something like that and I could stay all day long in chair letting machines doing all the work for me, like pushing buttons and stuff XD
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,789   +700

How much??? A crummy speaker that looks like an Apollo command module. No thanks, there's nothing wrong with my fingers, I know what the skip track button looks like and how to use it. This type of gimmick is for work shy people who also want a useless heart rate monitor on their phones in case they over exert themselves. Boy I've seen some gimmicky things in my time and this ranks right up there with them.
    mosu likes this.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,010   +681

No kidding... they coulda put this software in an app and sold it for $5, but what's the fun in that?
    I'll just go ahead right now and nominate this product for the award for 'thing I'd never buy without reading every possible online review'. As cool as this sounds, who needs a $400 bluetooth speaker with it's own Shuffle built in?
  6. Kibaruk

Kibaruk TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,195   +69

For a bose dock people pay a bit more than half of this bluetooth speaker, if sound quality is close to that of the bose dock I don't see why someone wouldn't pay for something like this.
  7. Railman

Railman TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 536   +69

I don't see any stats on the sound quality. To me this appears to be an expensive gimmick. How can a mono speaker compete with a proper hi fi?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.