Afordable ram to upgrade to 2048mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

awsman892

Hey, i have 1024mb ram and it sucks. i run a lot of big programs and my computer just cant handle it. I would like to upgrade to 2048mb, but only have about 200 to 240 $$. I havnt been very sucessful in finding good results in that price range. please help.

Try to tell us also your CPU and mainboard types, this will help us a lot to give you proper advice.

p.s.swker, your Voodoo3 system rocks! I mean it! Those were great boards, great times!

newegg 400mhz ddr is look'n cheaper than 366
1gig 85.00
newegg
matchec is more than double that
I have to upgrade soon myself
need a dual board that will handle 603 and 604 xeons

I have a working dual S604 mainboard for you if u r interested. 30 pounds and its yours. It is from a dell system so you need a special power supply in order to use it ( &*$#gd DELL ). Also i am able to sell you xeons for an interesting price. I will go to taiwan soon and will bring a couple xeons back home (netherlands). You wont find em cheaper, samstoned.

If you are on real low budget and are willing to take a little risk;
search on ebay for memory ddr 400Mhz.

I bought 2x 1GB 266MHz original IBM ECC Reg memory for ONLY!!!! 50EUR a piece. Retail price was around 400 (excl. tax) EUR a piece back then.

Buyer protection works good on ebay. so when something goes wrong, you will get your money back eventually (u must use paypal to be eligble for buyer protection). Always read the conditions!!!! strong advice.

thanks

wow guys thanks for the help, i definetally would have screwed this up with out your help. im gonna go with the ocz plautmum and im gonna get it from tiger direct, thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back